Therapy Provides Your Child with Important Skills
As a therapist, I provide your child with support as well as tools for a better life. Adolescents, in particular, are in need of a non-judgmental, open-minded, respectful adult to help them problem solve. They also need guidance.
I can help your child or teen to develop a variety of important skills that will aid them now and in the future.
These skills include:
- Anger management including addressing anger’s underlying emotions
- Coping skills for dealing with life’s challenges
- How to understand, then regulate, their feelings and behavior
- Improve self-expression and channel negative feelings in positive ways
- Organizational tools
- Problem-solving abilities
- Relaxation techniques including counting and taking deep breaths, and progressive muscle relaxation exercises
- Self-soothing in order to calm down, feel better, and self-regulate
- Setting realistic goals, working to achieve them, and conquering fears that interfere with goal attainment
- Social skills including making friends, negotiating with peers, and showing relational empathy
Children, and particularly teens, can learn to better understand how their thoughts, feelings, and actions are all related to one another. They can begin to grasp why they feel bad and how to address those feelings in productive ways rather than acting out.
We all want to see our children thrive in this world.
We also understand that it’s a complicated world that presents many challenges to that thriving. Through therapy, your child can learn to navigate those tricky waters. As a result, their emotions will become manageable and their behavior will improve.